RicohAficio CL1000N - excellent

Andrew Greig algreig at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 15 07:13:00 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Recently obtained a Ricoh Colour Laser CL1000N with inbuilt networking.  Set up the IP address as per the Ricoh Manual, very easy.  Set the printer up as a Generic Postscript printer under lpd very easy, print quality  - excellent, especially the colour. Copied the ppd file from the NT folder on the Drivers CD to my home directory, and then renamed /etc/cups/ppd/RicohAficio.ppd to RicohAficio_old.ppd.  Using mc I moved and renamed the raf10003.ppd file to RicohAficio.ppd and then fired up cups and took a look at the config page - wonderful.

Who do I send the ppd file to so that Ricoh CL1000N can make it into the lists of supported printers?  This is such an excellent printer and so easy to set up.  It actually took longer to get it right under Windoze.

Cheers
Andrew Greig
Community Distributor, OpenOffice.org