How to add Adobe PostScript drivers with cupsaddsmb?

mangoo anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Jun 15 13:57:31 PDT 2005

> mangoo wrote:

> Get the chapter 20 (CUPS printing) from the SAMBA howto. 20.11 describes in detail what cupsaddsmb
> does behind the scenes. Following these rules, you may install any set of winxx printing drivers.

I have it now - cupsaddsmb expects lower case filenames in /usr/share/cups/drivers
So I changed the names to lower case, but made a typo in one of them.

And this is the whole story of cupsaddsmb not working.

It would be nice if it gave some warnings (like "postscript driver not found...) etc. - I think this was the case with earlier versions of cupsaddsmb, now this nice functionality is removed for whatever reason (there was a similar topic on a Samba list today, with exactly the same problem - first letter of filenames wasn't in lower case).