Automatically starting printer when turned on

Jure Repinc jlp at holodeck1.com
Sat Jun 18 10:01:34 PDT 2005

I have CUPS (1.1.23) and Epson Stylus C84 (gimp-print) connected with USB. I am
also sharing this printer over the network with SAMBA.

I have a little problem. Popele often turn off printer but forget to turn it on
before printing. And if they send a print job when the printer is turned off
CUPS stops the printer. Now the problem is that the printer doesn't get started
when you turn on the printer and people can't print their documents. And it
looks like root has to manualy start the printer again before the printing jobs
can continue.

So my question is: Is this a bug in CUPS? If not, is it possible to setup CUPS
in such a way that it automatically starts the printer when it is turned on
again?

Thanks in advance for all the help.