Linuxs and MacOSX multiple copies

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jun 21 05:04:43 PDT 2005

"António Aragão" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a machine with 2 printers (HP8100 & OKI9300) both served with CUPS. When I try from Linux/MacOSX client to print multiple copies (example n copies) it prints n*n copies. In Windows XP it works fine.
>
> Anyone knows or have the same problem?
>
> Thanks.

AFAIK, this is a known issue at least with MacOS 10.3 and lower (haven't checked with Tiger, though).
The reason is that the number of copies gets configured twice: once in the PS job
("<</NumCopies nn>>setpagedevice") and once in the IPP request by specifying the copies attribute.

Ask Michael Sweet and/or Apple if this somehow (either by an Apple specific hack or in CUPS 1.22)
subject to fixing.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke