CUPS Not Propagating JobSheets to BrowsePoll Recipients?

B.J. Black william.black at sun.com
Thu Jun 23 09:39:44 PDT 2005

Sorry to be a pest, but my users are bugging me... :-/

So I have a central CUPS server, and many CUPS clients.  The clients all BrowsePoll the central server for printers (and there are lots), and receive PPD and other information accordingly.

Everything works except:  JobSheets

For some reason, if I set JobSheets in the CUPS server, the clients never get that option set.  I've tried everything up to and including removing all traces of CUPS on a client (the RPM, /etc/cups, etc.) and reinstalling--no good.  The option never gets set in the client UI, nor does printing an actual page get a JobSheet.  Printing from the CUPS server works as expected.

Is there some option I've failed to set on the clients?  Should I use some method other than BrowsePoll?  Does CUPS just not do that, forcing me to start running scripts on the clients just to set JobSheets for all printers (ugh)?

I'm using the versions of CUPS that comes with RHEL 3 and 4 (1.1.17 and 1.1.22, respectively).

--bj