How to buffer&manageprint-jobs?

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Jun 23 14:56:21 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution to solve the following problem:

- Many users are using 1 printer
- all printjobs are to be set on pause/hold
- every printjob has to be (re)started by an admin
- there needs to be a bannerpage with username,date/time,number of pages

Goal is to manage our students printing-service at school.
There is one printer to be used from several terminals.
All jobs should be stored in a queue.
The student appears in office,  we start the printjob, and he/she has to pay per page.

Sadly I do not know if cups can do this for me and how to configure it to do so if it is possible.

If there is any solution possible I would be glad to hear from you.
you can also mail me directly to "asta [at] mivogt [dot] net"

Sincerly

Michael