[cups.general] printing blank pages over samba

Jason jason at monsterjam.org
Fri Jun 24 04:30:13 PDT 2005

yo cups-heads,

ive got cups 1.1.23 installed and samba 2.2.10. Ive got a designjet 450c hooked up to a freebsd 4.11 box
and Im using the gimp-print drivers v4.2.7, pcl-desnj-450.ppd.gz i believe.
anyway, using the cups main web page on the server, I can print a test page fine.. But when I try to print from a
remote winblows workstation over the network via samba, I get blank pages.
in my mime.types and mime.convs, I have uncommented the
application/octet-stream lines.

Is there a known cure for this? any troubleshooting hints?

regards,
Jason