Cutting the printjob name

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Jun 24 05:45:49 PDT 2005

Franz Pförtsch wrote:

> > I tried it also with socket://cobp0708:9100 and ipp://cobp0708/port1/lpt1
>
> I checked socket connection and it worked!
>
> But with socket no user and jobinformations are visible on the canon
> copymachine.
>
> regards
> Franz

Try the hpnpf backend (links on the CUPS web site). It reduces the title string to the base name if the
string contains slashes, and truncates the result top 80 characters which is the DISPLAY variable limit
on HP printers.

Let me know if it works (perhaps I could  modify hpnpf accordingly).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung