character set conversion?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Jun 24 05:50:36 PDT 2005

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> > > Sorry, but how can I set a job attribute? I've searched the
> > > documentation without any success.
> > >
> > > Many thanks for your help,
> > >
> > > Helmut Jarausch
> > > RWTH-Aachen University
> > > Germany
> >
> > Try "-o attributes-charset=your_charset_name" (without the quotes).
> >

> This doesn't work for, is it supposed to work with cups 1.1.23 ?
>
> Meanwhile I found a (less elegant) workaround. I have added
> my own filter which directly prints to the printer.
> Still the more general version is interesting.
> Helmut.

I've checked this up to the contents of the attributes file (/var/spool/cups/cnnnnn); the requested charset
is listed there if it exists (otherwise the server default gets activated), but I haven't tested it
down to a printer yet. The CUPS version I'm (still) using is 1.1.19.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung