Replacing GNU Ghostscript with ESP Ghostscript

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Jun 27 20:14:48 PDT 2005

GNU ghostscript-7.07-33 came installed with my Fedora Core 3. I want to replace it with ESP ghostscript-7.07.1-0. I assumed that I needed to delete the GNU version before installing the ESP version, but when I tried to do so, I was prevented from deleting the GNU version. I was told that other packages were dependent on its presence.

Am I right to think I need to delete the GNU version before installing the ESP version?