Text on printout is stair stepped

Steve Roberts steven.e.roberts at lmco.com
Tue Jun 28 08:26:12 PDT 2005

I recently installed a printer on a workstation and when I print a file <lp /etc/cups/printers.conf> to the printer, the text on the paper is stair-stepped. The first line starts at the top left which would be normal, then the second line starts printing one line down at the end of the first line, and so on. I don't see anything beyond the third line, because it goes off the page. Example:
#abcdef
       #
        #123456

I have reviewed the mimes.convs and mimes.types files and I just don't know I need to get the printout formatted properly.

Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Thank you.