printing multi page size documents

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Jun 29 06:20:43 PDT 2005

Biker Conrad wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have a pdf document that contains letter size pages as well as legal size pages. When I print this document the legal size pages are shrunken to legal size. Is there an option to tell the printer to select the paper based on the page size such that the letter sizes pages are printed on letter size paper and the legal size pages are printed on legal size paper?
>
> Thank you

It depends.
If your printer is a native PostScript printer that conforms to at least language level 2
(as described in the Red Book, 2nd or 3rd ed.), *and* you are able to set up the printer's
policies for media selection (requires that the printer's PPD supports this), *and* you
use the "alternate pdftops filter" *and* configure that not to force a default media size,
it might succeed, but, to be honest, I haven't tried it (yet).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung