[cups.general] Behaviour of cups when a printer reboots

Alex Finch A.Finch at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 09:36:41 PDT 2005

Hi,

We have a Xerox 4400 which has the "feature" that it spontaneously reboots every
20 minutes or so. I know it is a feature because I have seen two of them do it!
When this happens it leaves any job on the queue permanently "processing". I can
clear it by hand by doing " hold job" followed by "restart job", however if cups
could automatically detect this, and do what I do by hand then  it would be much
better. By the way I have set the BrowseTimeout  to a very large value

BrowseTimeout 172800

  On the other hand if anyone knows how to fix this "feature" then that would be
even better!

  All help gratefully received,

      Alex Finch