octet-stream / raw problem

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Jun 30 11:42:32 PDT 2005

Hello.

We use cups in manage round about 10.000 print queues. Our printjobs are generated on our Host System (OS/390) and send via lpd over a load balancer to our central cups servers which are used for the management of the target printers (either jetdirect or local cups on mobile laptops).
The Cups Servers itself sends the Output via lpd to the mobile destinations (we are in plan to migrate this to ipp but at the moment it has to work with lpd).
The print jobs are in compressed afp format (icds) for the mobile systems.
We have a filter which converts the icds to ps. The Problem we have is that it seems the cups servers change the application type from octet-stream to vnd.cups-raw. So any filter we defined does not take affect. At the moment a little hack is a custom backend which takes the data, pass it through our icds2ps and then pipes it throug lp command.
But so we need to define two printers and that's not wat we want.
Is there a chance to do not convert the application/octet-stream to application/vnd.cups-raw?

Kind Regards,
Hans-Gerd