Domain socket access for local clients

Jim Hranicky jfh at cise.ufl.edu
Thu Jun 30 14:06:00 PDT 2005

What is the status of domain socket support for local access to
a CUPS server?

I've checked out the latest trunk from the svn repository, but
I don't really see how the server or clients are really set up
to use domain socket access yet.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to allow passwordless but domain-socket-
authenticated access to the local cups server, which would then
forward the print request to a central server as the connecting
user so all printer accounting can be done there.

Will this be possible in the near future?

If this won't work, are there plans to kerberize CUPS in the near
future?

Thanks,

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh at cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |