[cups.development] Configuration of ESP Ghostscript

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jun 7 10:57:01 PDT 2005

Markus.Grunwald at pruftechnik.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> > > --with-drivers=PRINTERS,PS,pxlmono,pxlcolor ).
> > >
> > The "PS" driver is generally unnecessary unless you plan on
> > using the Foomatic wrappers for PostScript printers.
>
> I thought I had read something that "PS"  is needed for the pdf backed.
> What about "PRINTERS"  ? Do I need all printer drivers or only pxlmono,
> pclcolor if I use it only for CUPS ?
>
> TIA,
>
> Markus Grunwald

Don't forget the cups device. And, if you need/want to use printers
based on the foomatic-rip
drivers, search the respective PPDs for strings like "DEVICE=..."
(without the quotes and dots)
and add whatever replaces the "..." to the list of your needed devices.

Most of these devices are included by default, but if you need to keep
gs as small as possible
(and need to use it within CUPS only), this may help, especially for
embedded systems.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke