[cups.bugs] Re: NEC Silentwriter2 S60P does not print with cups

Alexander Fieroch fieroch at web.de
Fri Jun 10 21:27:02 PDT 2005

Helge Blischke wrote:
> In contrast what linuxprinting.org proposes, don't use the foomatic PPD
> but
> use the PPD for an Apple LaserWriter II P instead.

There is no Apple LaserWriter II P to select. There is a HP LaserJet 2P
what the printer emulates but it's not working.

> The S60P is a native
> PostScript device (language level 2).

Yes, I know that. So it has to work in postscript mode but it does not!
gnome-cups-manager shows me that the foomatic PPD for my printer NEC
Silentwriter2 S60P uses a Postscript driver and so I set the printer to
postscript mode but this doesn't work too!

So what's the problem?

Regards,
Alex