CUPS 1.2 and bidirectional communications

Vladimir Buzuev vbuzuev at dymo.com
Thu Jun 16 09:56:11 PDT 2005

More information:

I need another sort of filter works between my ordinal raster filter and the backend. The filter should be able to request some information from the printer, like a status, and based on that do some additional processing of sending data. Is it possible? How to read information returned by the printer?

Thanks.