One printer with two names (printer aliasing)

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Tue Mar 1 03:49:36 PST 2005

> Have you thought of using classes ?

Um, actually, no. I had never looked closely at the documentation regarding classes until you suggested this.

Now that I have looked, I'm still a bit puzzled. It looks like classes are used to allow you to print to a "virtual" printer, and from there CUPS delivers the job to any printer that is defined in the class.

That's not what I want, I want two different streams to be sent to the same printer. If classes will allow me to do so, could you sketch out how I might go about doing so, because I get no clues from the documentation.

Thanks,
David

> Helge

[...]