cups_option_t and PPD Files

Mohit Kumar mohitkumar17 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 04:01:25 PST 2005

Hi All,

Sorry for such trivial questions but since I am new to CUPS, it would be appreciable if you could answer my following questions.

1. Is cups_option_t the structure that we need to pass for certain printer specific capabilities (which are mentioned in the PPD Files) obtained from the user?
In particular, I am not pretty clear on what is the use of cups_option_t structure.

2. Would internally CUPS call the lp command with all the options passed to it with the help of the cups_option_t structure?

Apologies for such trivial questions once again.

Thanks,
Mohit