Canon 6100 and cups

m.roberto.d at tiscali.it m.roberto.d at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 3 02:51:03 PST 2005

Good morning you all!
well I have a problem while I'm trying printing with inherited printer.
After connected, the printer to my Debian box, and configured it with kdeprint it started to print correctly, but:

- the print queue must NOT be stopped or it wont restart until I manually restart cupsd service.
- if I try to print anything with the command lp it returns this :
rob at slayer:~$ lpr michele
Status Information, attempt 1 of 3:
sending job 'rob at slayer+995' to lp at localhost
 connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
 cannot open connection to localhost - No such file or directory
Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol
and accepts connections from this host and from non-privileged (>1023) ports
Waiting 10 seconds before retry
rob at slayer:~$
rob at slayer:~$ lpq
Printer 'lp at localhost' - cannot open connection - No such file or directory
Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol
and accepts connections from this host and from non-privileged (>1023) ports
rob at slayer:~$
- all my smb.conf sintax is right ('cuz testparm told me...) but I cannot share the printer in my lan 'cuz clients cannot see it.

any help will be useful .
thanks in advance!
yours roberto