[cups.general] Advertising printers on ipp://hostname/ipp/queue

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:39:04 PST 2005

I was also puzzled by the same problem. I don't think it makes sense
that MacOS X runs CUPS but is not plug-and-play with other CUPS hosts.

In the meantime, I also googled but, surprisingly, got a different set
of results. The workaround I found was

- Open the printer setup utility on the client
- Hold the Option key while pressing the Add button
- Choose "Advanced" in the unlabelled popup menu; this will allow you
to specify the queue URL