CUPS automatically stops printers

Marco cups at marconfus.org
Mon Mar 7 08:53:59 PST 2005

Hi,

I have a cups installation (FreeBSD cups-base-1.1.23.0_3) which occasionally stops a printer. So the printer is in "Printer State: stopped, accepting jobs."

After manually restarting the printer everything works fine again, but this isn't really a solution. I don't want to explain cups to all the secretaries.
The old installation with cups-1.1.6.2 didn't show this behaviour.

Google shows that I'm not the only one with this problem, but no one seems to have an answer.

Isn't there any solution to stop cups from stopping a printer?