Restarting Printer Jobs and lpstat

Joe Trent jtrent at bighamtakeoutbrothers.com
Mon Mar 7 15:54:37 PST 2005

Hi,

Maybe I didn't have enought info. Red Hat 9. Cups 1.1.17-13 installed
and working with a mixture of dot matrix and post-script printers.
PreserveJobHistory Yes. PreserveJobFiles Yes. The print job files are
left in /var/spool/cups after printing. I'm trying to restart a
completed print job. Tried the following:

[root at speedy cups]# cd /var/spool/cups
[root at speedy cups]# ls -l *30358*
-rw-------    1 lp       sys           630 Mar  5 11:10 c30358
-rw-r-----    1 lp       sys          5615 Mar  5 11:10 d30358-001
[root at speedy cups]# lp -i 30358 -H restart
lp: set-job-attributes failed: client-error-not-possible
[root at speedy cups]#

Am I doing something wrong? I get something like this message if I try
to restart from the browser signed in as root.

I can resubmit the job file with 'lp -d printername d30358-001' and it
works fine.

Also, the following doesn't return any completed job information,
although I just printed the job:

[trent at speedy data0]$ lpstat -W completed
[trent at speedy data0]$

lpstat works ok for listing jobs printing or waiting to be printed.

Thanks for any input.

Joe