NO success: every update of cups 1.1.18 (suse 8.2) to .19 or

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Tue Mar 8 05:16:18 PST 2005

ekkard gerlach wrote:
[...]
> out, restarted cupsd ... and success!!  Two disabled printers got
> working immediately! The were enabled automatically! Thank you Helge.

I tested it with my own LAN. today I tested it on the LAN of my
customer ... and it failed. After 2 hours nearly all printer
queues were disabled and  it wasn't possible to enable with
lpstat -d <printer> -E.
BTW: I tried with ?reserve=yes  on every URI, too.

After I reinstalled cups 1.1.18 of Suse 8.2 and I copied back
the old  cupsd.conf  and after rccups restart  all worked
well again.  :-(

Ekkard