search network printer adapter/switch working with CUPS

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Tue Mar 8 07:48:04 PST 2005

Somebody here who can has good experiences with network printer adapter
or switch with printer adapter working with CUPS & linux?

My expreiences: DP 101+ Adapter of D-Link the IP is not configurable by
browser, Win is needed. :-(
Digitus  DN-11002  needs a  large timeout in cupsd.conf otherwise jobs
longer that that timeout are repeated (printer is printing endless),
that not important bug, the important bug is that at least jobs with 41
pages to a HP laser III are cut after 6 pages but jobs with 21 pages are
printed well.

I'm working with cups 1.1.18 (Suse 8.2), other versions unfortunately
lead to disabled printer queues in about 2-3 hours, see other thread of
me in this list.

tia
Ekkard