Is CUPS the right choice to me ?

xyko at ipiranga.com.br xyko at ipiranga.com.br
Tue Mar 8 12:01:25 PST 2005

Hi all,

I have no experience with CUPS in a large environment.

I need to implement a print server that will have to manage about 1000 printers. I'm planning to configure an Intel server running Linux/CUPS to do that job. I'm afraid that such configuration may not have performance nor stability. Does anybody has something to tell about that ? What do you thing about the needed hardware configuration ?

If somebody has another idea to solve that problem please tell me what it is.

Thanks in advance.
José Francisco (Xyko)