Brother MFC 5100c

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Tue Mar 8 20:26:08 PST 2005

Marc Paré wrote:
> Would anyone have any ideas on a printer driver for this printer. I have just installed a Mandrake 10.1 system for a client and her husband has recently bought her this printer as a gift.

Have a look on http://www.linuxprinting.org - look in the database (
link on left ). Your particular model isn't mentioned, but there are a
lot of similar models. One I looked at ( MFC-6550MC:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-MFC-6550MC
) says to use the ljet2 driver. You could try downloading the ppd for
that, installing it, restarting cupsd and using that ppd. You *may* have
to modify it slightly to make it work perfectly, but there's also a good
chance that it will simply work out-of-the-box.

Dan