Landscape Printing Broken on MacOSX

Hugh Caley hcaley at plasmabat.com
Wed Mar 9 12:10:57 PST 2005

> Hugh Caley wrote:
> >
> > When I set up my MacOSX machines to get our printer list from the CUPS server automatically (with the ServerName and BrowsePoll settings) they can print, but not in landscape mode.  If I manually set up the printers they work fine (using lpd).
> >
> > CUPS version is 1.1.17 on RedHat 8.  MacOSX version is 10.3.8.
>
> Post (an URL to) a sample file that does not print as expected.
>
> Helge

Hi, Helge.  No particular page; I just fire up Safari, Firefox or TextEdit on MacOSX and attempt to print landscape to a printer on the CUPS server; it always comes out portrait.  The margins are also wrong (the text disappears into the right margin) so I'm guessing that the page orientation command isn't working, but the actual formatting is OK?  I notice that the "Preview" seems to look good but prints portrait as well.

Hugh