[cups.general] 'Browsing' problem

T. Horsnell (tsh) tsh at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 02:19:42 PST 2005

cups-1.1.22 on FC3.

Hi all,
I'm having a problem with the cupsd.conf 'Browsing'
option. There are many printers on my network, but only
a few of which I want to use, so I want to suppress
the presence of the others from the list of available
printers.
I assumed I would do this by setting 'Browsing off' in
cupsd.conf, and manually add the printers I want, at
boot time or somesuch.
However, the whole list of printers still appears. What
does 'Browsing' control? Is it the capability of the host
to browse other servers, or the willingness of the host
to be browsed by other servers?

How can I do what I want?

Cheers,
Terry.