[cups.general] Epson filter on KDE 3.3 on Gentoo

David Harel hareldvd at ergolight-sw.com
Thu Mar 10 09:14:06 PST 2005

Hi,

I have an Epson C43UX printer on an MS 2000 which runs fine on MS network.

Using kconsole I defined a samba client side printer that uses that printer.

While defining, everything seed OK. I could scan the network and select
the right printer.

When I do a "Test print" I can see the error:

kcontrol: WARNING: KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension : no filter found
for text/plain
and the paper is junked.

I think I posted a similar message about 6 months ago and got replies
such as get a proper filter but I can't find what filter and where and
how to install it.

--
Thanks.

David Harel,