Windows 2003 IPP client & Queue

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Mar 14 18:10:30 PST 2005

I have just set-up a Win2003 server which prints to a cups daemon using IPP. Everything works very well (thank-you) with the exception that the Windows machine does not clear its print queue. Despite the fact the jobs have printed, the Windows machine always displays the first job as 'printing' and the remaining ones are queued up behind it. Very strange.

I am guessing that it is either reading the jobs information incorrectly or that there is a permissions type problem reading back from cups. I have switched debug2 on cups but it doesn't appear to help. This could well be an MS or printer driver bug but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I have looked in all the obvious places, tweaked spooling on and off etc. and will report back here.

It may well be some idiotic mistake on my part...