Compiling cupd for Windows?

christopher.hoskin at gmail.com christopher.hoskin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 00:29:56 PST 2005

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the CUPS server working on Microsoft Windows, and if so, is there a how-to anywhere? (Google hasn't thrown anything up).

Here is what I have tried so far:

Building with make under cygwin - ./configure completes, make works in some folders but fails in others (I haven't spent enough time investigating to see if this is something that I can easily fix)

Buidling with Visual Studio - I noticed that there are some Visual Studio .dsw and .dsp files in svn (VS says that the cupsd.dsp file in the scheduler folder is corrupted). I have tried to build the scheduler files with the WIN32 flag, but the code references UNIX header files (e.g. sys/types.h). Adding the cygwin include path causes more conflicts.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which approach is most likely to get something working quickly? Why are there Visual Studio files in svn? Is it planned to add Windows as a platform in the future?

Thank you very much for your time.

Christopher

(P.S. My reason for trying to compile cupsd on Windows is that I would like to use the Pykota quota accounting system, but have to use a Windows Server)