fax through CUPS

Anonymous kd4ttc at arrl.net
Tue Mar 15 07:21:39 PST 2005

I have been looking at options for sending Faxes at the command line for my machine running Mac OS X.  Documents show I can fax only a limited set of file types.  TIFF-G3, PS, and text are supported. I see that PDF files are not supported.  Testing with a PDF file confirms eFix doesn't like the format.  Using fax and efax don't work, requiring the efix conversion first of pdf's.

I am sure someone has done this before.  Is there a trick to getting CUPS to handle the Fax sending?  Is preprocessing through ghostscript best?

Steve