[cups.general] tiff backend

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Tue Mar 15 11:31:15 PST 2005

Good evening,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 01:23:57PM -0500, Anonymous wrote:

> I have successfully installed a pdf backend, now I would like to
> install a multipage tiff backend and create a virual printer in
> samba.
> Where can i find the right tiff backend?

<shameless plug="ON">

I'm not sure that such a backend exists, but if you've already got
a tool to convert from PostScript to multipage TIFF, let's name it
yourps2tiff, then you could try to install this software :

  http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/Tea4CUPS/action_Presentation

Then in Tea4CUPS' configuration file, either in the global section
or in a particular print queue section, just define something like
this :

  tee_tiff : yourps2tiff <$TEADATAFILE >$TEADIRECTORY/archives/$TEAJOBID.tiff

then configure your print queues from CUPS' web interface so that they
are managed by Tea4CUPS, now print something, and my bet is that this will
would fix your problem once and for all.

</shameless>

Of curse the difficult part is to find 'yourps2tiff' :-)

Hoping you'll like this anyway.

Jerome Alet