gs_init.ps not found

smynggi at myrealbox.com smynggi at myrealbox.com
Wed Mar 16 13:34:12 PST 2005

I'm receiving the following in my cups error log:
ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1: Can't find initialization file gs_init.ps.

The file does exist on my system in /usr/share/ghostscript/7.07/lib.

I'm running Gentoo and using emerge to install Ghostscript.

To troubleshoot, I ran gs from the command prompt and got the same message.  So I created the environment variable GS_LIB.  I no longer get the error message at the command prompt.  But I still get the error message in the CUPS error log.  Why would CUPS not work if gs is working from the command line?