Multiple servers

Alan Silver alancsilver at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:34:27 PST 2005

Hi all:

I have set up 2 cups servers on my network. Both on redhat enterprise linux 3. And this set up has been working just fine. Right now, if I need to create a print queue, I am using the web interface on both servers.

Is there an easy way for me to create the print queue on one machine and then update the second machine via a script. Both servers will look the same (i.e. they will host the same exact print queues). I was thinking that I could copy over some files (/etc/cups/cupsd.conf, /etc/cups/printers.conf,  /etc/cups/ppd/*) and restart cups and everything would be fine. Any thoughts  from people who have done this?

alan