Multiple servers

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Mar 18 04:12:29 PST 2005

Alan Silver wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I have set up 2 cups servers on my network. Both on redhat enterprise linux 3. And this set up has been working just fine. Right now, if I need to create a print queue, I am using the web interface on both servers.
>
> Is there an easy way for me to create the print queue on one machine and then update the second machine via a script. Both servers will look the same (i.e. they will host the same exact print queues). I was thinking that I could copy over some files (/etc/cups/cupsd.conf, /etc/cups/printers.conf,  /etc/cups/ppd/*) and restart cups and everything would be fine. Any thoughts  from people who have done this?
>
> alan

If you really need to (for failover reasons, e.g.), you need to copy
over
- /etc/cups/printers.conf
- /etc/cups/ppd/foobar.ppd
where foobar is the name of the newly added printer

Note that on the destination server, you meed to shut down CUPS before
coying the
files and start it again afterwards (otherwise the copies printers.conf
will be
overwritten).

Helge

--