Epson Stylus CX6600 won't print

Russ Fineman russbucket at centurytel.net
Sat Mar 19 08:40:39 PST 2005

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

> Em Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:48:34 -0500, Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti
> Dutra escreveu:
>
>> Any ideas why this baby will just keep gs_esp running without
>> printing output?  It keeps running even after cancelling the job.
>> No noises forthcoming, nothing.
>
> Tried spoolerless foomatic-rip, it works great apart from
> failing to eject paper.  But no matter what I do in CUPS it simply
> does nothing, gs-esp just keeps consuming CPU.  It not even blocks the
> printer port, because while it's there I can still use spoolerless
> printing.
>
> Please please please...

Did you try installing the drivers from:
http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/bbs_scan.html

They are under the download section for all-in-ones and the iscan software
for the scanner is under the scanner section. I've been using these since
January with Cups (printer) and GIMP (scanner). Do a bbs search for cx6600
setup. I created an article on 11/27/2004 on what I did to install the
printer. I am using SuSE 9.1. (2.6.5-7.147-default #1 Thu Jan 27 09:19:29
UTC 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)

--
Russ