Feature Request - Never stop printers

cups-bugs.lusis cups-bugs at lusis.org
Sun Mar 20 05:26:46 PST 2005

Mike,

I didn't mean to raise your hackles. I was not aware of that feature in the works. Part of the problem really comes from my search skills. I spent 15 minutes coming up with a good search phrase to even get what I was looking for.

The only reason I even brought the whole thing up is that the problem seemed to crop back up for us after the latest upgrade. It wasn't there before and at the time I didn't document if I did a custom job on the socket backend or not. I was so concerned about our previous issue with pdf forms not printing properly that it totally slipped my mind. If I had documented it the first time, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Interestingly enough, I only see a return (1) in the following cases for socket.c:

unable to open print file
gethostbyname errors
socket creation errors

Connection refused errors seem to retry infinate. Maybe we're actually getting socket errors? I don't know. Mind you I am NOT a programmer so I could be reading the source all wrong.