Gestetner DSm651sp + linuxprinting .PPD + Fedora Core 3 = broken :)

Matthew Lenz matthew at nocturnal.org
Mon Mar 21 08:16:36 PST 2005

I've up an up2date Fedora Core 3 system and our office recently switched
to Gestetner DS multifunction printer/copiers.

its the 'sp' version but AFAIK it uses the exact same driver as the
non-'sp' version of the printer.  I found:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Gestetner-DSm651_PS

and used the System Settings / Printer / Import PPD to import the PPD
file.  Next I added a new queue .. selected that its a windows (smb)
printer and specified the path etc.  Next I selected Gestetner and found
the printer driver and proceeded to the 'Print Test' prompt and clicked
'Yes.'

I went out the printer and it was printing out the postscript contents.
Did I miss something?  As smoothly as it was going I was really excited
but no dice.

How do I being to diagnose the problem?