[cups.general] CUPS Driver for Windows 5.0rc3

Adrian Gschwend adrian.gschwend at bfh.ch
Mon Mar 21 19:09:32 PST 2005

Hi,

We use CUPS at our university and everything works just fine from Linux,
Solaris and BSD. We also print from Windows via Samba but the drawback is
that this solution is quite slow and generates a big load on the CUPS
server.
Now I digged around a bit and found this:

http://www.cups.org/windows/index.php

It mentions "CUPS Driver for Windows 5.0rc3" and there is a nice download
link, unfortunately it loops (which means gets back on the same page
sooner or later) so I can't download that.

Is there a way to get CUPS to work on Linux in a way like I have it on
Linux? Which means I don't have to create a printer for each printer
available on the server but it can query that itself? If so, where can I
find that and what is the idea of this CUPS Driver for Windows?

thanks

Adrian
--
Adrian Gschwend