Should I use http or ipp (and several other questions)

Chris xtr11204101 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 15:51:54 PST 2005

I have a Brother 410cn Internet printer, that I am attempting to setup and run on my Xandros(debian-Linux) box.

Should I use http or ipp and the ip address or ??

When I get to setting up my printer, I can go to the point, where it asks for the printer Make, Model and my printer does not appear in the list. Yet I have copied the driver files down from www.brother.com, and followed the installation instructions word for word. So I select the raw options.

When I print a test page I get a message that says "Network host '192.168.0.7' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds..." 12 hours later I am still waiting.

If I go to Configure Printer, I get this message "server-error-internal-error"

I have attempted several different options over the last 3 weeks, and still cannot make it happen.

Going into Control Centre/Peripheral Devices/Printers I can change the printer Make and Model here. too Brother MFC P2500 which is supposed to be the recommended driver for this MFC.

OOOOOps While I have been composing this I attempted to send a new test print and received the following message ""unable to open print file "/var/spool/cups/d00015-001" - Permission denied"
Device URI: http://192.168.0.7:80/"

All help greatly appreciated
THANK YOU
Chris Jefferies