[cups.general] cups user in distress.

Hugh Caley Hugh_Caley at affymetrix.com
Wed Mar 23 16:03:41 PST 2005

I don't believe that syntax will work with CUPS.  The older RedHat
Distributions came with LPRng, which allowed you to use the "light"
syntax, that is, to send a job to a server without spooling it locally,
hence the IP address of the server.  The CUPS version of the lpr command
does not allow this.  You will probably need to set up the printer
locally first.

Hugh