[cups.general] Print Accounting

Dan Tappin dan at orourke.ca
Thu Mar 24 12:20:29 PST 2005

I looked at pykota but no where does it say that it can track printing
on a user supplied code basis.  We bill our clients for every thing,
phone calls, photo copying, courier, on top of our hourly rates for our
services.  Printing is the last thing that still is no billed out -
it's currently 100% overhead.  We need to print and specify a 4 digit
client code and report the print stats on a per printer basis so we can
charge the client for pages printed.

Pykota will track total pages printed on a user basis only.  For
example I have 10 clients with multiple projects for each client.  If I
print 100 pages across all those projects I need to know which print
jobs were for each job.  Knowing that I printed 100 pages is useless in
our situation.

Dan T