Protocols contains both PJL and BCP; excepted TBCP

anonymous yliu0131 at brockport.edu
Fri Mar 25 11:50:06 PST 2005

My printer supports PJL and BCP
*Protocols: PJL BCP

Run cupstestppd that comes with CUPS DDK.
Got the warning message:

WARN     Protocols contains both PJL and BCP; expected TBCP.
                REF: pages 78-79, section 5.7

I checked Adobe Specification 4.3, it doesn't ask to replace PJL+BCP with
TBCP.

Also checked Adobe Serial and Parallel Communications Protocols
Specification (as mentioned in Adobe 4.3 spec)
It says on Page 16:
The tagged binary communications protocol is very similar to the Adobe
binary communications protocol though they are not compatible with each
other. Note that neither protocol is an extension of the other.

May I know where's the Warning message based on?