print through two printers

y piel yvespielusenet at free.fr
Tue Mar 29 00:40:09 PST 2005

hello,
In my job, I must print through 2 printers. So I developpe an application that synchronize them (I send datas directly to /dev/lp0 and /dev/lp1). When I stop one of the printer with the button, I stop the second (stop sending datas).
I wonder if CUPS allow print through two printer like I do ?
I must print this way since I print OCR data on the first and CMC7 (or E13B) on the second. They are fonts but I'm not using laser nor ink jet printers. So I use continuous paper through the to printers.

Is there a way to do this with CUPS ? I think I could developpe drivers for the printer I use.

thanks :)