cupsaddsmb problem

william.Lott at uconn.edu william.Lott at uconn.edu
Wed Mar 30 12:10:55 PST 2005

I have been trying for over a month to setup the system to export the drivers to Windows computers of my Samba shared printer.  We have an HP 4100 that I have configured with REDHAT/KDE print manager.  I have also obtained all the cups and adobe files mentioned in the writeup on cupsaddsmb.  I have placed the files in the directories mentioned.

When I try to export the files to Samba with cupsaddsmb, I get the error message of no ppd file for the printer.  I have associated a ppd file with the printer and I have the ppd for the HP4100.  I don't know if I have it in the wrong directory or what.

I have also tried exporting the drivers with the built in option in the redhad print manager.  It keeps saying some driver files are missing.

I want to set up PyKota, but can't until I can serve the print drivers to the Windows computers on the system.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem.  Thanks.