[cups.general] How to add space between lines?

Yin Kee Yee yyee at hpu.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:24:48 PST 2005

Hi Helge and all,

What I'm trying to achieve here is to have my ascii/text file to print
out the following format:

>From ascii/text file

LINE1 DATA
LINE2 DATA
LINE3 DATA

LINE1 DATA

LINE2 DATA

LINE3 DATA

Basically, it just add space between each LINE(n) DATA without changing
the size of the FONT. The -o lpi=VALUE text option which set the number
of lines per inch seems to change the FONT size accordingly. This
doesn't fit into the print format I'm trying to achieve.

Is this printing format I'm trying to achieve can be done easily with
CUPS standard text print option?

Thanks,
Yin Kee

Yin Kee Yee wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a switch or option to add space between lines while printing
> ascii/text file? I can't find this information in CUPS User Manual.
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Yin Kee

The user manual lists specific options for text/plain printing, like lpi
and cpi.
Look for the lpi option in your case.

Helge