[cups.development] originating host

Martin Heggemann mheggemann at ferrocontrol.de
Tue Mar 8 11:42:47 PST 2005

Hi Jerome, hello *,

Jerome Alet wrote:
> Maybe you need to parse the print job's control file to extract
> this information.

Isn't it possible to pass the IP as another commandline-
option to the Backend?

> I've written such a parser in Python, contact me privately if you're
> interested. Still incomplete but all textual information like
> job-originating-host-name is correctly extracted.

That sounds interesting!
But as you (may) see, I'm posting via the Web-Frontend on
easysw.com and I don't see your Mail-Address. Would you please send
the parser to mheggemann-AT-ferrocontrol.de ?
I never did anything with python, but I guess I can see how
you parse the file.

Tia
  Martin